Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Take notice

So in about every picture of Halle up until now she has had a pacifier in every single picture. As of January 1 (a new year, a new Halle) we gave up the wicked things. I thought this would be a terrible thing to do since a pacifier is like her form of nicotine and believe me she was on the hard stuff. But it went a lot better than I thought it would. For a few weeks before we got rid of them we talked about how pacifiers are for babies, then later we put all her pacifiers in a bag and went to a neighbors house and gave them to their baby. Then every time she asked for one we would say we gave them all to the baby. She did look at the baby like she wanted to poke his eyes out when we went to leave. But it has now been a month and I would say we are all a lot happier.


2 comments:

Norris Fam said...

Such a hard thing to do, but everyone is so glad it's done after the fact! Way to go cute little Halle...you BIG girl!

Shelly said...

HI Chandee!! Shelly Swenson here. My sister gave me your blog address. Your little family is so cute. Halle looks just like you. I will add you to my blog list so we can stay in touch!