Thursday, June 11, 2009

New York (Part 2)

I really wish I would have brought my camera with us to church. The church was in an industrial park that looked just like a business building, but once inside it looked just like a church. After church, and a big long nap, Lanny took us on a drive up the Hudson River. It was so pretty, we drove by all these old Manors. I even found us one that was for sale, however, Jay wouldn't buy it for me (party pooper). Sherry and Lanny don't really live that far away from the river.

Monday morning Sherry and Lanny went to the courthouse for a half a day and so Jay and I first stopped by the Today Show and saw Matt and AL (more of that on Wed.)


Next we went to the Empire State Building, here is the view from the top


This is the Chrysler Building

On top of the Empire State Building.

This was one of the only sunny days in NY. While we were here it was mostly cloudy and pretty cold so I was excited to use my new prescription sunglasses when I could.

Next we went on a carriage ride "supposedly" around Central Park, my advise save your money.

I was so excited to run into Trump Tower, Jay and I have watched a few seasons of "The Apprentice" so I was excited to find out the doorman had been on the show and he even held the door for me so I could walk out like I had been fired.


Bad picture but this was a beautiful cathedral right by Wall Street


In front of the library,

This is the church right by ground zero, they had a lot of memorials in there for all the firemen and policemen. This is where they all slept in the weeks following 9-11

This was also the church that George Washington came to pray right after he was inaugurated, this was his pew.

Later that evening we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge Jay on the Brooklyn Bridge

Tuesday we went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island with Sherry and Lanny. In Battery Park was the monument from the Twin Towers it will be moved to ground zero as soon as the monument is complete.

The Statue of Liberty
We went inside the monument, this is Lady Liberty's original lantern she was holding. It was very interesting to see how she was designed and created. This is a replica of how big Lady Liberty's foot is
The view from the boat
The benches where the immigrants would wait to be processed on Ellis Island.

As we left Battery Park I saw this park, how sad the kids have to play on cement, whomever name this city the"cement jungle" was totally correct.

Later that night we went to a Yankees Game, which was way fun. They played the Texas Rangers and won 12-3
I asked the people for an infield shot, but somehow we are covering the bases. oh well, that's what you get when you don't take the picture yourself.

This probably ended being my favorite thing from the entire trip. Jay and I were undecided if we really wanted to wake up super early on Wednesday to go down to the Today Show. Well, we ended up going down there and got on the front row, then even better they did the top of the 8 o'clock hour right in front of us. We were on TV for like 3 minutes! It was way cool.Meredith was super nice and shook everyones hand, they had to keep pulling her away to do her job.
Al kept moving around so I couldn't get a very good picture of him. Will Ferrell was there promoting his new movie "Land of the Lost"

Later that day we went to the warship Intrepid. It was really interesting to learn about the huge boat. It was actually called the ghost ship because so many enemies had tried to sink it so many times but nobody ever succeeded.
This is actually a submarine, its kinda hard to tell.

After we left the Intrepid we went back to our hotel got our baggage and then headed to the airport to find our flight delayed, then more time sitting on the runway we walked in our house at 2 a.m. on Thursday morning very tired.


One more thing I must say it that the driving in NY is crazy, I gripped Jays arm so tightly that I think he has permanent damage. Traffic rules are really more like suggestions rather than actual laws.


What a great time, I can't wait to go back for more plays and shopping (in a few years)

7 comments:

jennieB. said...

Will you take me next time you go? Love the sunglasses, by the way, they are FABULOUS!

Ellison Family said...

Looks like so much fun!! Thanks for letting me visit New York vicariously through you and your pictures!!

{Jamey} said...

Will Ferrell??? I would have jumped over the railing! I LOVE HIM! I wish we would have gone to the today show... that looks way fun!

Jess and Tom Francom said...

So fun! I'm jealous. You're so funny...

Alison said...

It looks like you had a great time. I have always wanted to go to the Today show.

Norris Clan said...

Hey chand.. Its crystal!! Rach helped me set up by blog so still trying to get used to it. I love your picts from NEW YORK!! Wish I could've gone looked like so much fun

Ty & Em said...

CHANDEE MY LOVE UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!! LOVE YA!!