Thursday, June 11, 2009

New York City

Jennie told me she was going to start writing nasty notes on my blog if I didn't quickly post pictures of New York, so here I go. This may take a few days because I stopped counting after I got past the 250th picture I took in NY. Hopefully I will not bore you all to death.


We took the red eye flight (I would recommend never doing this) and arrived at our hotel on a Thursday morning at 8 a.m. checked in slept for four hours then got up and we went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art.


Jay liked the guns and weapons best, and I was just a little surprised with all the young school groups there and all the naked paintings and sculptures everywhere (this isn't Utah anymore)



We walked back to our hotel (40 blocks down and about 7 over) and got ready for Wicked. It was so so so good, I just sat there when it was over hoping that they would start again. No luck however so we walked home walking up Time Square all lit up. This is one great city.


I love all their signs. I saw one that said $350 fine for honking.


The next day (Friday) we went on a site-seeing tour. We both really loved this, the tour guide knew everything about NY and we got to sit on a bus are relax for a good portion of the day.


We went to Wall Street

This is on the Staten Island Ferry

I know you can't see us but that is the Brooklyn Bridge behind us.



When we were done with the tour we met Lanny and Sherry at Grand Central Station. What a neat building.

On Saturday morning we were on Lanny time which put us in the city at the temple before the 7:45 a.m. session (remember that's a 25 min. train ride and then a 5 to 10 min. subway ride and a bunch of walking time). Now 7:45 doesn't sound that early but if you put it to Utah time we were there at 5:45 putting my Saturday wake up time at 3a.m. WOW!!!!!

Funny thing about the Manhattan Temple is that the day before we went right past it on our tour and didn't even notice it. You really have to look up if you want to see everything.

Since we arrived at the temple so early we had time to kill before our 2 p.m. Lion King show, so Sherry really wanted us to go to the wax museum, which ended up being really fun.

I took this picture for Jocelin (I've seen the dude, now do I really have to go to the movie?)

Before we went to the Lion King we went to The Hard Rock Cafe, it was such good food and a fun experience. The Lion King had wonderful costumes, but I do have to admit that I was a little disappointed in the singing.
Well, that's all for today, next time I will post Sunday through Wednesday

PS. Jay and I had a wonderful time, I didn't even miss my kids as much as I thought I would!

6 comments:

Apron Appeal said...

That looks so FUN! I still look forward to our Village trip we will never have enough time or money to go so we just have to DO it anyway. When and where shall we go?

jennieB. said...

Well, it's about time! Love the pics, makes me think I might want to go there someday. Weren't you scared of getting mugged or something? And are New Yorkers really as rude as people say they are?

Chandee said...

Some of the New Yorkers whould actually turn their head and walk faster when you asked them a question, but some of them where nice and would point you in the right direction. Doormen and security guards seemed to be the nicest.

Ty & Em said...

that look like so much fun! I love New York! It made me want to go back! (maybe one day!!!) P.S. I have this idea for Jocie!! I'll call ya later and tell you! I thought you would get a kick out of it! oh yeah and I am MAKING you come to New Moon!!

Norris Fam said...

I'm glad you guys went! Looks like you packed tons of fun things into a small time frame. I'm just sooooo bummed I missed you on the Today Show :(

Jocelin said...

So that guy/character isn't even in the movie I'm going to take you to, he's in the next generation of star trek---we're going to the original generation---you know Captain James T Kirk & Spock! Get excited!!!