So we just got back from Jackson Hole. We had a great time with our friends from Providence. We also ran into some of our friends that live in Provo, Jay and I went down the Snake River with them. We haven't been in a few years and were so excited to go that we made the statement that we would be happy to go in whatever raft they needed us in. Well, the adult raft was full so we went on the teenage raft. This was fine with me until out on the river Jay asked how old everyone was and when he said he was 33 all of the 16 and 18 year-olds (and that was all there was) about chocked.
Now, I was still fine with the arrangements until a bend or two away from Lunch Counter (very big rapid this year) they informed me that they were tipping the raft. We all sat in the back of the raft and at the first rapid we all went in. All I saw through the rapid was the underneath of it (the back side of water). Well, we all came up and some other company brought us our raft and we went on our merrily little way.
We had so much fun, thanks to the Driggs family and thanks to Gwen and Ryan who introduced us to the sport and for telling us that they were up there. I can't copy the pictures onto my blog, but I posted the link. The first picture is us going up and the second is all of us under the water, this was the best representation of how it felt for me and I have even been tossed out of the raft before during rapids. The next three are of us making our way through the rapids. I will post some more pictures of our trip soon.
http://snakeriver.elevationimaging.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?&category=586098
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Snake River Rafting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I am glad that you had a good time! Looks like the rapids were awesome this year.
Ryan B.
You know what they say about Pride right Chandee? It cometh before the fall. I can't believe you went along with a plan to capsize a boat just so that those teenagers wouldn't think you were an uncool 30-year old!
You are fantastic, I can't believe you went along with it!
Gwen
Post a Comment