Monday, August 25, 2008

Jackson Hole

I know it has been over a month since our trip to Jackson Hole, but give me a break I am not the most on-the-ball-person anyway.


We had so much fun with our old neighbors who we still really, really miss almost a year later. Jay and I were able to go down the river and had so much fun, I think I could live in Jackson Hole. We went to the rodeo. Side note--it is really hard to go to the rodeo finals ever year and then sit through a locals rodeo where 8 year old can (barely) rope the cows! Halle loves Richard.
I told Cade if he wore the "pink" backpack he could have some of my cookies. He was the only one brave enough to do it.
Halle really enjoyed our hike.
I know this picture is dark, but it was almost dark when I took the picture and I am too lazy to use photo shop tonight. This huge buffalo walked right by our truck. As soon as my children were safely in the truck I jumped out to take pictures, Jenni was too big of a chicken and stayed in her truck!!!
Brandon and Jackson at the rodeo. They had a part where all the kids went out onto the field and chased cows. Jackson was very excited about all of this, but when over he went in the wrong direction back to his seat. We didn't find him for about 10 minutes, I was scared to death, but thankfully Brandon was with him.

In front of some falls in Yellowstone.

Hot spring in Yellowstone.

The boys at our campsite. Jackson was by far the dirtiest.

I don't know why we always get the good luck, but the night we got home Jackson told us his had hurt. I took a look and there were two or three bit marks on his hand. Some lovely spider must have taken advantage of my little boys love of sticking his hands where they shouldn't be. His had was swollen for a few day, but everything turned out fine.

3 comments:

Alison said...

What a fun time you had. It is so fun to get away for some famliy time.My nephew got stung by a bee in yellowstone. I'm glad your son's hand got better. What a fun summer you have had.

{Jamey} said...

Looks like a lot of fun; I love going to Yellowstone! We never did make that camping trip we had planned this summer, actually we only went one time this whole summer! I'm sure glad we have a big nice trailer that just sits out back with no-one to use it. Well at least you guys got some use out of it; that makes me feel a little better about keeping it around!

jennieB. said...

Hey Chandee! I'm commenting! So next year where are we gonna go? We have to bring along Richard and Anna, and have a vicious battle of shnertz again! (and have them feed us tacos, YUM!) Seriously, this was one of the best times I've had in Jackson/Yellowstone, besides my honeymoon ;)