Thursday, October 2, 2008

What have you done on your days of weakness?

So, we got a cat!!! Despite Jennies threats to never speak to me again I still went ahead and found a free little kitty on KSL. What was I thinking this cute little thing was taken away from its mother way too early despite the lady telling me it was on solid food and litter box trained--was still nursing from its mother, did not and could not eat solid food, wouldn't even eat the wet food for the first day and a half. Is totally not litter box trained! I found this out after it ran in our house after Jackson (totally an outdoor cat) and peed on his bedroom floor. I have since had to shampoo our carpets just to calm myself so I didn't hyperventilate at nights thinking about stepping on cat pee every time I went in his room, or having my children eat something off his floor in the cat pee. And then come to find out the cat was only five weeks old when we got her, that's right her! Nobody knew what the kittens genders were and we got the luck of the draw a girl that now has to be spayed so we don't have little baby kittens to be posted on KSL in about 6 months.
On a better note, Jackson absolutely loves her and the cat actually loves him. She doesn't run away from him or anything and takes everything he has done to this poor kitty and keeps coming back for more. However, she is starting to run away from Halle. The name of this cat is none other than Treasure Chest. If you want to argue the fact that Treasure Chest isn't a great name for a cat take that up with Jackson. I try to shorten her name to Treasure and Jackson sternly reminds me that it is Treasure Chest!

4 comments:

jennieB. said...

Okay, so for the first half of that post I'm going to say "I told you so". But, it is a cute cat and your kids look so happy with the little kitty, so I'll forgive you this time. But, please don't become a crazy cat lady with 54 cats or something, because then I won't talk to you ever again.

Norris Fam said...

I'm quite proud of you actually, pets are good for kids! We had a cat growing up (not 54...just 1) and we all turned out normal. Plus, she took care of all the mice and snakes for us :) Her name was Twinkie, because she was as little as a twinkie when we got her. Treasure is better than Twinkie at least!

Apron Appeal said...

Well if there has been any debate in the past, this post clears it up. Chandee is certifiably INSANE!

WOW!

Gwen

{Jamey} said...

At this point living with so many stinky dogs, a cat looks kida cute and refreshing! Treasure is a great name for a kitty when you 4, but I bet in about 2 or 3 years he'll consider changing it to spiderman or something!