So here it is the moment you have all been waiting for, what you have been checking my blog for hourly just to see the beautiful pictures of Florida. Well, your wait is over here they are and may I just add that I am definitely moving there. Every thing about that place was wonderful.
These two pictures are the view from our balcony. I took these pictures Friday night, it rained a little bit that night, but the rest of the weekend was sunny and a nice mild 75 degrees.
This is out front of the hotel.
The couple we went with are pretty fun and outgoing so
Colton (Jays cousin) decided that we were going to rent scooter to see the town on. Well I wasn't too into the idea, but as soon as Jay got a feel for the scooter and as soon as I dared I jumped on and we were off. We drove through a beautiful state park. We ended up at an old fort, Fort Clinch, it was build in 1847 and took almost 20 years to complete. It was used through 4 wars starting with the Civil War and ending with World War II, but it never saw any battle. I can't believe how much fun we had on those scooter. It just goes to prove Jay is a little bit right (occasionally that
happens) I do need to loosen up!

A picture of the ocean at Fort Clinch.
The best part was when we met Frank, a Confederate soldier, that was a ground keeper at the fort. We started asking him question and he ended up taking us through the whole fort. There were a lot of locked door that most people don't usually go in, but the ground keepers still use the kitchen, the blacksmith shop and a few other places he told us all about it. Really a fun place to visit.

Picture on the outside of the fort.
Many pelican in Florida...
... in fact I think pelican are to Florida like seagull are to Utah.

After we went to Fort Clinch we took a boat ride to see things like dolphin and such. I think because I was on the boat nothing came our way. Oh well, they took us all along the islands and told us a bunch of history about the islands. We did she shrimp jumping which was kinda cool.
Jay and I walked along the beach the last night we were there. I know we are so romantic!!!!
That is our hotel in the back. Somebody actually told me that they could tell this hotel was "older" because the amenities were out of date.....I couldn't tell and it is by an immeasurable difference the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Somebody even came in each night to turn our beds down and give us mints.
Funny how I can barely pull my body out of bed each morning, but I can wake up at 6:30 (4:30 Utah time) to go watch the sun come up out of the water when I am on vacation and better yet I didn't even have any children telling me it is time to fix breakfast. I think I need help!
This was a picture of a house that I took while driving down the road on our scooter. The town was beautiful, very Victorian. It reminded me of the movie Sweet Home Alabama. There was even a chili cook off going on on main street that Colt and Lori participated in. I was waiting for my steak that was coming that night, I was actually able to cut it with a butter knife.
4 comments:
Hi Chandee - I hope you don't feel like I am barging in or invading your personal space. I accidentally found your blog on a search and when it said "Norris Crew", I thought I had better check it out. I am so glad I did. You have SUCH a cute family. Hope you are doing well.
Your old friend from SFHS,
Becky Lee Jenkins
Leave a comment on my blog so I know you don't mind if I add you to my list. :) onelittlespeckledblog.blogspot.com
Looks like you had a great trip! Did you miss your kids too much to do it again? I think I'd miss my girls, but I also think it would be so wonderful to have such fun with my husband and no children around. Look at you all fancy free on the scooter. I love it!
I registered EVERY DAY for the dream house on HGTV, which happens to be a beach house in Florida. And after looking at your beautiful pictures I hope that I win the house more than ever :)
Looks like you had a great time!!!
oh Chandee - what a great vacation! I love the photos - you guys look so happy! :) We miss you and hope we get to see you soon...
Post a Comment